This Gothamtide gem contains historical context to sights and celebrations all-year-round with a whimsical flair.
It is a guide not only for holiday revelers, but also features sights and activities worth seeing in New York City year round! It is a perfect gift for everyone of all ages interested in knowing more about New York City, Rockefeller Center, and how the influence of Washington Irving, Charles Dickens, Clement Clarke Moore, Thomas Nast kindled the popularity of Christmas worldwide.
Amazon users say:
- “This is THE essential handbook for everything Christmas in New York!”
- “This little book is an absolute treasure! The photos and illustrations are wonderful, and the information invaluable.”
- “A wonderful, informative look at Christmas in New York City. Very thorough yet delivered in a lighthearted and fun manner. Groff certainly knows her material and imparts it joyfully.”
- “This is an incredible book that tells so many interesting facts of NYC , especially during the Christmas season. The author is very knowledgeable as well as versed in every chapter. I highly recommend this book. I loved it so much I purchased a few as gifts.”
- “A WONDERFUL Book telling so much about the time of the year, the places, events, the history and uniqueness of the buildings visited and getting out there and walking around..A Gothamtide story..!!…Get a copy and get out there and explore..!”
- “This book reflects the author’s enthusiasm for Christmastime in New York City, and her extensive knowledge of the subject. Entertaining and colorful, just like the author. Highly recommended.”